After you have created a database connection, it is time to specify what data elements you need in the form of a report to Kloudio.
In this short course, you'll learn how to create your first Kloudio report. Kloudio reports enable you to access your most important data on Google Sheets and Excel within minutes and without any coding! Let's get started.
Step 1: Go to Kloudio Reports and click the button on the top to create a New Report. You can also click the + icon on the bottom right. You will see the below screen. This is our Reports wizard that will guide you to define your report.
Step 2. Define your report with a few keystrokes. Here, you indicate what data elements you want to be included in the report.
- Select the connection you created earlier.
- Choose the schema/database name where your data resides.
- If you know the table from which you wanted to include columns in your report, type the name or the first few letters in the next text box and click Search.
- Pick your table from the results.
- Select all or individual columns in the report by clicking on the column name.
- On the right side, give a name to your Kloudio report.
- Both the Columns and Filters tabs help you review options for your report.
- Ensure that Auto-Refresh is enabled in the Settings tab. If it's not, please go to My Account > Account Settings and click Enable Offline Refresh button.
- Save your work.
- You can even run a quick test in the portal by clicking Test to ensure all looks good.
After verifying the sample records from the test, click Save. Kloudio will use this report definition to know exactly what data elements to send to your Google Sheets when you run or schedule a report.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a report in Kloudio. You are now ready to run your first report!