After you have created a database connection, it is time to specify what data elements you need in the form of a report to Kloudio.
In this short course, you'll learn how to create your first Kloudio report. Kloudio reports enable you to access your most important data on Google Sheets and Excel within minutes and without any coding! Let's get started.
Step 1: Go to Kloudio Reports and click the + New Report button. You will see the below screen. This is our Reports wizard that will guide you to define your report.
Step 2. Define your report with a few keystrokes. Here, you indicate what data elements you want to be included in the report.
1. Select the connection you created earlier.
2. Choose the schema/database name where your data resides.
3. If you know the table from which you wanted to include columns in your report, type the name or the first few letters in the next text box and click Search.
4. Pick your table from the results.
5. Select all or individual columns in the report by clicking on the column name.
6. On the right side, give a name to your Kloudio report.
7. Filter tab helps you to create filters for columns in your report.
8. Save your work.
9. You can even run a quick test in the portal by clicking Preview to ensure all looks good.
10. If you want to see the report data as csv, click on Export Data button
After verifying the sample records from the test, click Save. Kloudio will use this report definition to know exactly what data elements to send to your Google Sheets when you run or schedule a report.